The environment is something that is high on the priority list for RCM. In 2011 RCM became ISO 14001 certified. Through ISO 14001 RCM have reduced waste, energy and water use and have improved efficiency.
Our offices have a reuse and recycle strategy. Employees are encouraged to reuse paper, cardboard and pallets, and where possible anything that cannot be reused is recycled. Car sharing is encouraged and our delivery process has been reviewed to reflect our commitment to this environmental standard. We even address the little things, like turning off lights, monitors and taps to keep use of resources to a minimum.
RCM Limited is committed to ensuring that our operations account for the potential impacts on the Environment. We recognise that environmental issues are of great importance, not only for the future health and sustainability of our operations, staff and customers, but also for the wider community. Thus, we seek to continually assess the environmental impacts of our operations at local, regional and global scales to ensure long-term sustainability. We also endeavour to continually seek ways in which to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment, and to find ways in which we can operate more sustainably.
RCM Limited is committed to:
- Operating the business in an environmentally sustainable manner;
- Operating at all times in accordance with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations. We will do so by maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date register of applicable environmental legislation and regulations;
- Adopting a sustainable purchasing policy where practicable;
- Generating staff awareness and knowledge of environmental issues and the impacts of RCM Limited through regular training, distribution of and access to informative material through email, the intranet and progress updates.
- Improving the energy efficiency of our operations through the implementation of energy-saving measures, updates on progress, staff training and efforts towards the purchasing of more energy efficient equipment;
- Reducing, re-using and recycling waste materials whenever possible. We will conduct annual waste audits, and continually seek to improve the ways in which we re-use and recycle our waste materials as well as monitor, reduce and prevent pollution.
- Engaging with our customers and suppliers to encourage a co-operative approach to reducing our environmental impact;
- Ensuring the effective management of our transport so that we utilise capacity for all deliveries;
- Reducing, re-using and recycling our packaging whenever possible. We will continue to seek ways in which we can reduce and improve the reusability and recyclability of both the products we receive, and the products sent out to customers; Providing a framework for setting and reviewing our environmental objectives and establish realistic time frames for us to achieve these.
- Continually seek and achieve the objectives we set out in our Environmental Management System.
- Monitoring our environmental performance through annual reviews and half-yearly audits to establish benchmarks for continuous improvement; and
- Regularly reviewing our environmental policy in order to take into account the view of employees, changes in legislation, and any changes in our environmental impacts.
Download our Environmental Policy