Job Vacancy: CNC Operator
15 September 2020
Salary negotiable dependent on experience
A member of the Benx Group of Companies, RCM is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of specialist building boards, facades and through-wall solutions. RCM’s extensive product range has been installed on many of the largest construction projects throughout the UK. Recent strong growth in demand for RCM’s bespoke fabricated façade products has highlighted the opportunity to significantly build its value-added production capability. The company has recently invested in new cutting machines at its Newcastle-under-Lyme premises and will continue to expand its capabilities and resources in line with the growth of its façade fabrication activity.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a CNC / Spindle Moulder Operator to join our team based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire. The successful candidate will report to the Fabrication Supervisor and be responsible for the setup and general operations of CNC routing / Spindle moulder and cutting machines to manufacture a variety of panels in a wide range of materials. The successful candidate will be a motivated individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who works well in a collaborative environment.
Your key tasks will be:
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Read and interpret production paperwork & drawings.
- Properly and safely load and off-load material and completed piece parts
- Prepare and operate a CNC machine to perform drilling & routing tasks.
- Set machine to complete a full program cycle to manufacturing large numbers of piece parts
- Supervise the CNC while in operation to make any necessary adjustments to produce better production results
- Prepare and operate the spindle moulder machine
- Use gauges and measuring instruments to assure tolerance are met and documented
- Perform daily & routine cleaning and light maintenance on all machines
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications and instructions
Experience and capabilities required:
- Certified Machinist.
- Demonstrable experience of using CNC equipment over several years
- Computer savvy with basic computer programming and CAD/CAM experience
- Understand, interprets and edits FANUC control system
- Ability to properly use fixtures, tooling & calibration equipment.
- Ability to perform tooling offsets and changes
- FLT licence would be beneficial
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to Danielle Preston – HR Generalist via Danielle.email@example.com
In line with GDPR regulations please be aware that your application will be sent to the HR department at Benx Ltd and that any personal details included as part of your CV will be retained for 6 months following the advertisement of this role. If you would like further information on this or do not wish your details to be kept on file, please contact a representative at Benx Ltd directly.